Sunday, April 15, 2012

Day 4: Your Parents

Like all parents, mine are dorks. My mom is just more sophisticated about it :)
They are completely different yet the same on so many different levels. While my dad is happy with whoever I marry, as long as he is worthy, my mom said she would prefer a white guy. My dad says toilet paper my mom says paper toilet. My dad is totally fine with me dating my mother is not. She literally picks my outfits, does my hair, and gives my date the asian eye when he picks me up. She is extremely protective of me. 

My parents have shown signs of affection. The occasional peck occasional peck here and there. But as I grew older and Angel started middle school . . . they've become more daring in front of us. Gross. That's all I have to say. 

I love my parents. Me and my mom are twins but our thinking process is different . . . which makes for a very dangerous house if we fight. My dad was the one who got me hooked on reading and writing. My mom is a hair guruist (if that is even a word) and her make-up skills are perfection itself. I learned everything from her. She taught me to dress right as well. My wardrobe is because of her. I would never have picked it if it weren't for her. I have her to thank when I get compliments. My dad . . . we have great conversations together. Whenever I have boy trouble I go to him. Weird. It should be my mother but I already know what she'll say: "Boys have cooties. Just stay away. You can't date until you are 30 anyways. Just wait for college. Why do you even have to bother with them at school?" It's the same everytime :)
I honestly don't know what I would do without them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment